Friday, January 07, 2005

Progress: More things set up

Finally managed to hook up the microcontroller programmer to the development workstation (Win 2K) but it just wasn't working... Finally gave it a try on my GPIB Analyzer workstation (Windows 3.11) and no problems there. I guess some part of the programming software can't deal with today's serial-ports, who knows. Anyway, that meant I had to hook the analyzer workstation onto the LAN, which meant I had to find a stone-age network card. Thankfully I'm one of those people that never throws anything out, not even old 16-bit ISA Intel Pro network cards. Managed to get it to run under Windows 3.11 and that workstation is now on the LAN.

I also started assembling the first prototype PCB. I managed to stack the ZIF socket for the CPU inside a standard PLCC socket. Just a few more components to solder in, and it's done. I noticed one misplaced fill on the PCB that would cause the IDE's busy-LED to not work unless fixed. Nothing that can't be fixed by scraping off some copper from the board.

I'll be posting some pictures soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home